Strathspey Works - Grantown Remakery is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO)who provide Work and Employment Skills development through Refurbishing, Repairing, Recycling and Reselling goods.
Strathspey Works will provide Employment Skills Development, volunteering opportunities and support for Young People who may be having difficulty in Transition from School to Further Education and Employment, Adults with a Disability or with Mental Ill-Health, supporting all in their journey to recovery and towards fulfilment of their personal goals
1. We will work with local people, providing support to people with a variety of needs, engaging with them, making, repairing and learning through reuse and renewal of household items.
2. We will support those who have ambitions to work, in the development of Employability Skills.
3. We will support those who wish to move into Employment to settle and develop in their job through a system of supported workplaces and volunteering opportunities.
4. We will work in Partnership with local Schools and Organisations such as The Men’s Shed and Local Businesses to share skills and knowledge.
5. We will provide space for making things from waste materials that is open to local people.
6. We will reduce the amount of waste going to Landfill through refurbishing and reselling items.
7. Our aim is to reduce waste and support our local community by sharing skills and sparking ideas.